Wednesday 3 October 2012

FeedHammer 2.2 Released on Android

FeedHammer 2.2 - just been released to the Google Play store!

This just contains some minor branding changes to bring the Android app in line with the new website branding. I was going to hold off until I had more changes to update - but I really want to start doing some marketing/advertising of the app to see how it affects downloads - and wanted consistent branding in place before doing this!

We currently have nearly 7000 total installs, with over 2000 active users. The graph of active installs still shows a healthy, steady curve upwards - and I can see that the ad network is serving over 1000 ads a day currently -  so I guess people are finding it useful! (although not many are clicking on ads - which is to be expected I guess!)

Please note: This will delete any saved favourites! (a bit rubbish, I know - but does anyone use this feature? I think this may be removed in the next major release - let me know if you find this useful!)



Whats Next?

Work is currently underway for version 3 of the client. This will be a major rewrite, and will move away from a native app to a PhoneGap app. This will allow me to write one version of the client for release on all the major platforms - Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile (and Blackberry - if anyone still uses them!)

This may mean taking one step backwards on current functionality, but it will provide a much stronger platform for future growth!

Feedback pleeease!

As ever - if you find the app useful - please, please leave positive feedback on the Android store. Thanks to all those that have so far - I'll do another roundup and response to the comments again when I've accumulated a few more!

Thanks to All!
Ade

No comments:

Post a Comment